Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pattern: Crazy Little Octopus



Tako Maki

So on Ravelry I found this adorable toilet paper cover, and normally I don't make this kind of thing,  but this one is totally cute. I LOVE octopuses so I had to make one but I'm not the most talented knitter so I made my own crochet version.


 Notions : H hook
                Simply soft yarn, Red
                Two black buttons, different sizes
                Needle and thread

BODY
Ch 2, hdc 10 in second ch from hook.
Rnd 1: hdc 2 in to each st around
Rnd 2: (hdc 1, hdc 2 in next st) repeat around

Rnd 3: (hdc 2, hdc 2 in next st) repeat around
Rnd 4: (hdc 3, hdc 2 in next st) repeat around
Rnd 5: (hdc 4, hdc 2 in next st) repeat around
Rnd 6: In back of st, hdc around
Rnd 7: hdc around.
Repeat rnd 7 six more times
TENTACLES 
sl st ( ch 22. sc in each ch. Sl st in next 2 sts)
Repeat around ( Repeating half way around works as well and isn't as much work)

To finish sew on the buttons for eyes.

12 comments:

  1. this is hysterical! i'm going to make it for my kids' bathroom! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT SHALL BE MINE!!!! I will make this after I finish the three baby blankets for friends who are due in June. But then. WHAHAHAHAAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Just have to make this one. Thanks a lot for the crochet version. I like these small project rather crocheted than knitted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, and I can't wait to make it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making this right now...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I new to the crocheting would and was wondering what "hdc" ment?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to know as I do each row should the circle start curling up

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to know as I do each row should the circle start curling up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mine did but as I worked the rows it started to be less curled. Hope this helped I’m making mine now.

      Delete
  9. Thank you, this is so, so, so cute! I'll be making one for myself, for friends and family. Love it.

    ReplyDelete