Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pattern: Crazy Little Octopus



Tako Maki

So on Ravelry I found this adorable toilet paper cover, and normally I don't make this kind of thing,  but this one is totally cute. I LOVE octopuses so I had to make one but I'm not the most talented knitter so I made my own crochet version.


 Notions : H hook
                Simply soft yarn, Red
                Two black buttons, different sizes
                Needle and thread

BODY
Ch 2, hdc 10 in second ch from hook.
Rnd 1: hdc 2 in to each st around
Rnd 2: (hdc 1, hdc 2 in next st) repeat around

Rnd 3: (hdc 2, hdc 2 in next st) repeat around
Rnd 4: (hdc 3, hdc 2 in next st) repeat around
Rnd 5: (hdc 4, hdc 2 in next st) repeat around
Rnd 6: In back of st, hdc around
Rnd 7: hdc around.
Repeat rnd 7 six more times
TENTACLES 
sl st ( ch 22. sc in each ch. Sl st in next 2 sts)
Repeat around ( Repeating half way around works as well and isn't as much work)

To finish sew on the buttons for eyes.

8 comments:

  1. this is hysterical! i'm going to make it for my kids' bathroom! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT SHALL BE MINE!!!! I will make this after I finish the three baby blankets for friends who are due in June. But then. WHAHAHAHAAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Just have to make this one. Thanks a lot for the crochet version. I like these small project rather crocheted than knitted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, and I can't wait to make it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making this right now...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I new to the crocheting would and was wondering what "hdc" ment?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to know as I do each row should the circle start curling up

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to know as I do each row should the circle start curling up

    ReplyDelete